Wednesday 30 September 2015

Woman Claims Contraceptive Coil Left Her Looking Six Months Pregnant----


A young woman Cassie Edwards claims her contraceptive coil has left her looking permanently pregnant - forcing her to wear maternity clothes.

Cassie Edwards, 27, believes getting a coil fitted following the birth of her second child is to blame for her 'whale-like' figure. The dinner lady, from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, took just five months to drop the baby weight after giving birth to son Tyler, returning to a slim size 10.
READ MORE BELOW


But after taking the decision not to have any more children, she had a copper coil fitted - with her stomach ballooning almost immediately after.
Doctors have been baffled by the change, with tests over the past six months showing she is not pregnant or suffering from ovarian or cervical cancer

Doctors haven't got a clue what's going on - my belly is growing and growing and I'm stuck in maternity clothes now,' Ms Edwards said.
'I told doctors it must be down to the coil, but they aren't sure.
'They keep needing to run further tests, but all the time my belly is growing.
'I have a full term bump and no baby, it's crazy.

But Ms Edwards not only looks pregnant,  she claims her body 'thinks it is pregnant' too.
She also has a sore back and tender, aching breasts.
'My body thinks I'm pregnant again,' she said.

'It's so odd. I have a larger bump than I did when I was actually pregnant.
'It all happened after the coil was fitted, so I can only put it down to that

'I can't go out the house without someone asking me when I'm due. I lost all my weight for nothing.'
Leila Hanna, a consultant gynaecologist and obstetrician at Queen Mary's Hospital, London, explained there are two types of coil.
The first is the Mirena, known as an Intrauterine System (IUS), and the copper coil, referred to as an Intrauterine Device (IUD), both of which are T-shaped and inserted into the womb.

Both are 99 per cent effective against pregnancy.
Miss Hannah told MailOnline: 'Mirena is progesterone-based. Some ladies are sensitive to this hormone and it causes them to feel bloated.
'They have pre-menstrual symptoms like tender breasts.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

sharethis